1 x 210g can chickpeas
1 x 210g can chopped tomatoes
60g swede, peeled and diced
1 small red onion, peeled and diced
1 garlic, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and diced
110ml vegetable stock
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
1 tsp freshly chopped basil
1 piece orange peel
fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add the olive oil and the chopped onion and garlic, then gently sauté until soft over medium heat.
2. Add the diced carrot, swede and the drained chickpeas, then gradually pour in the vegetable stock.
3. Stir in the chilli, basil, cumin, followed by the tomatoes and the orange peel.
4. Simmer gently for 25 minutes, topping up with more water if required, until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
5. Just before serving, remove the orange peel and sprinkle with parsley.
Perfect served hot with boiled rice or steamed couscous.
Note: The nutritional information does not include the accompaniments.
Serves: 1 Cooking time 25 minutes Prep time 10 minutes
Calories 277 Fat 5g Protein 13.9g Carbs 43g Sugars 43g
I love sharing my healthy recipes with you. Enjoy ! For More tips and recipes sign up at The Med Life Diet.