Here's another super quick, delicious and nutritious recipe which am sure the whole family will enjoy from as young as 12months old to 99 years old !
Apple bread made healthier without sacrificing flavour or texture. No flour needed, sweetened with honey and loaded with fresh apples.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total Time: 40mins
3 medium apples
1/4 cup honey
2 cups rolled oats
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 175C. Lightly grease a 9x5inch loaf pan with a little bit of olive oil and set aside.
2) Core and slice the apples. No need to peel unless you want or need to.
3) Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender and blend till smooth and well combined. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30 -35minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4) If the loaf starts to brown more on top before the center is done, cover with a piece of foil until baked all the way through.
5) Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan.
6) Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: Mine took about 1 hour to bake until ready.
Tip: I added a sprinkling of hazelnuts, walnuts and chia seeds before I popped it in the oven.
I love sharing my healthy recipes with you. Enjoy ! For More tips and recipes sign up at The Med Life Diet.