150g chuck steak or shin of beef, cut into chunks
150g new baby potatoes, quartered
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
300ml beef stock
2 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp plain flour
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 165C , 325F or Gas mark 3.
2. Heat a heavy based pan suitable for the oven (if you don't have one, you can transfer the ingredients to a casserole dish just before going into the oven), add the olive oil , chopped onion, carrot and potatoes.
3. Add the plain flour and stir until everything is evenly coated. Add the beef stock, tomato puree, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf. Stir to combine then add the beef chunks. Bring to a simmer and then cover and put in the oven. (At this point you could transfer to a casserole dish with a lid or a slow cooker.)
4. Cook for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
5. Remove bay leaf and season with a little black pepper. Serve hot.
497 calories 24g fat 34.9g protein 45.9g carbs 12.7 g sugars serves 1
120 minutes cooking time 10 minutes prep
I love sharing my healthy recipes with you. Enjoy ! For More tips and recipes sign up at The Med Life Diet.