Seeds and Honey Flapjacks.
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
150 g oats, lightly crushed
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
10g prunes, chopped
15g dates, chopped
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp olive oil or walnut oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C
2. Place the sunflower and pumpkin seeds between two sheets of kitchen paper or a clean towel, and on a hard surface, lightly crush them using a rolling pin. Place the oats in a blender and pulse it once or twice until the oats are just slightly broken up.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the seeds, oats, coconut, chopped prunes and dates.
4. In a small saucepan, warm the honey, syrup and oil together, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Place the mixture in the tray and press it down firmly and evenly.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, cut into rectangular pieces and cool. Store the flapjacks in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply.