2 cups finely ground almonds or a mix of nuts and seeds ( I used a mix of almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds)
3 - 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey (depending how sweet you want them, I used 3 tbs honey)
Optional ingredients to roll truffles in:
1/8 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup raw cacao powder
1/8 cup hulled hemp seeds
1/8 cup crushed almonds or hazelnuts or any other nut or seed that tickles your fancy
1. Combine the finely ground almonds with the cacao powder and honey in a food processor.
2. Using a spoon, take about 1 tablespoon from the bowl and roll the piece between your clean palms making it into a ball.
3. Now roll the ball into a small dish with your extra cacao (or coconut or hempseeds or nuts)
4. Place your coated truffle balls into small baking cups or directly on a platter.
5. Repeat this process for the remaining truffle mixture. Depending on the size of your truffles you should get 8 - 10 truffles… unless you eat a few along the way.
6. Keep in fridge.
(Yields 8 - 10 truffles)