Goodbye Medication, Hello Meditation ! 11 Great Reasons Why You Should Add Meditation to Your Daily Routine.
Scientific studies continue to confirm what yogis already know about meditation -- it positively alters our brain, and helps us deal with emotional turmoil, anxiety, and physical pain (it's better than morphine).
If you've never practiced meditation, here are some really good reasons to learn how to meditate right now:
1. Lowers blood pressure
2. Relaxes the mind (Yes, this means better sleep)
3. Elicits physical relaxation
4. Makes your brain stronger and helps you concentrate better
5. Lessens emotional tenacity
6. Improves breathing
7. Reduces stress and tension
8. Lessens the feeling of pain
9. Helps you develop the ability to reflect
10. Meditation and sex have very similar effects on the brain.
11. Last but not least; to connect with the source of spiritual and life giving energy.
Barbara is a qualified nutritionist offering Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle Counseling. She gives Healthy weight loss advice and promotes the Mediterranean diet. She is the author of the Med Life Diet - creating healthy lifestyle habits and attitudes for life !