Planning Your Weight Loss
There's a few simple steps to help you get started:
1. Decide on your motivation – anything you like.
2. Decide on your goal this can be a weight, measurement, clothes size or just to feel better.
3. Start eating sensibly immediately (not tomorrow).
4. Start exercising as soon as possible, just a small amount, as often as you can manage.
Motivation – this should be easy to decide on. There should be plenty of reasons to lose weight.
Here are a few suggestions:
● Improve relationship/sex life
● Gain confidence
● Enjoy more time with kids
● Live longer
● Reduce illness
● Increase energy
● Improve your mind
● Improve mood
Goal – you can use anything for your goal.
It can be easier to use a number such as waist size or weight, but anything can be used to set your goal.
I personally set myself a goal weight, which motivated me to do more to reach the goal quickly yet steadily.
Eating – When choosing an effective diet, you need to consider the following criteria. The diet
● Allow you to eat enough food without being hungry.
● Encourage eating of a healthy variety of foods.
● Be a sensible diet that you can continue for the rest of your life.
Exercising – Try going for a short walk. Perhaps half an hour, maybe more if you
can... or simply aim for 5,000 steps a day to start with and increase to 7,000 or even 10,000 !
Barbara is a qualified nutritionist offering Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle Counseling. She gives Healthy weight loss advice and promotes the Mediterranean diet. She is the author of the Med Life Diet - creating healthy lifestyle habits and attitudes for life !