Your liver plays an important role for your body. It cleans up all the toxins you put in it, therefore keeping all internal systems running smoothly. A typical modern diet, environmental pollutants, and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products overwork our livers. For this reason, it’s important to include foods in our diet that help to clean our liver as thoroughly as possible.
Your liver is the largest organ inside your body. It helps your body digest food, store energy, and remove poisons. It manufactures the thousands of enzyme which are responsible for virtually every activity in the body such as the proper functioning of the eyes, heart, brain, gonads, joints and kidneys. If the liver is damaged and not working properly, this can results in the body not working optimally which causes a greater metabolic stress on the individual.
Here are five common foods found in your kitchen that can help with cleansing your liver:
1. Warm Lemon Water - Warm lemon water is a wonderful way to detox your liver every single morning. Just fill a glass with filtered water and squeeze juice of half lemon. Some experts, like author A.F. Beddoe who wrote the book Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition, also believe that the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food.
2. Garlic - Add some garlic to your cooking or thinly slice a clove into your next salad. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that can help activate enzymes in the liver. It contains allicin and selenium, which are both good for liver protection.
3. Avocados - A Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds which can protect the liver from damage. When compared with 21 other fruits, avocados had the most promise in protecting the liver from galactosamine, a “powerful” toxin that has been shown to produce a liver damage similar to human viral hepatitis.
4. Coriander - This versatile herb can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies or fresh vegetable juices. Coriander helps to remove heavy metals from the body, something your liver could be struggling with right now.
5. Turmeric - Another powerful spice with a long list of benefits, turmeric is said to not only protect the liver from damage, but also encourage regeneration of liver cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and aids in keeping the body toxin-free.
Cleansing your liver is important and am sure that you can incorporate one out of the five foods in your daily regime.
Leave a Reply.
Barbara is a qualified nutritionist offering Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle Counseling. She gives Healthy weight loss advice and promotes the Mediterranean diet. She is the author of the Med Life Diet - creating healthy lifestyle habits and attitudes for life !