Cooking Instructions 1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
Add the celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and slice the potato and add it to the pot. Add the bay leaf, oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender. Strain and adjust the salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup piping hot in bowls, sprinkled with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese or toasted sunflower seeds.