Whole chia seeds add nutritional punch and crunch to these chocolate treats. Makes 8 bars
1. Place dates in bowl of food processor; purée until thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, and vanilla and almond extracts, if using. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add almonds; pulse until nuts are finely chopped and well distributed through date mixture.
2. Spread large sheet of wax paper on work surface, and dust with oat flour, if using. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and use paper to press mixture into ½-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap tightly, and chill overnight.
3. Unwrap block, and cut into 8 bars. Dust edges and sides with oat flour, if using, to prevent sticking. Rewrap each bar in wax paper.
Recipie Compliments from Foodmatters.com
Ingredients 10 portion(s)
Recipe's Preparation dough
1. Place all ingredients into bowl
2. 20-30 Seconds on speed 10, or until dough forms
3. Roll into balls (size to your liking)
4. Press each ball with fork to flatten on baking tray lined with with baking paper for lightly greased.
5. Bake in a Moderate Oven 180oC for 10 mins. These cook very quickly so watch them when you pull them out they wont look cooked but will harden slightly once cool. They are a soft biscuits though!
Tip VARATION: Instead of Cacao you can use 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger to make them into Ginger biscuits.
Compliments: Bailey Rae - The Local Vegan - www.thelocalvegan.com