Super Easy and Healthy Cookies for on The Go: These snacks can be a great way to boost your daily energy and increase the overall quality of your diet. They’re also easy to make and ideal for on the go situations.
Basic Healthy Cookie Recipe
1 cup rolled old fashioned oats
1/2 cup nut or sunflower seed butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dark chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, crushed nuts, crushed cereal, dried fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
1. Mix together oats, butter, honey, and vanilla extract.
2. Add in your favorite extra ingredients.
3. Roll into bite sized balls or press into a 8x8 baking pan.
4. Freeze for 30-60 minutes or until ready to pack a
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
150g mushrooms, cut into chunky dice
1 tin black beans, including liquid (400g)
1tsp ground cumin
2tsp chilli powder
1/2 vegetable stock cube
250ml hot water
100g tomatoes, diced
Brown rice and your favourite toppings, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until slightly soft but not browned. Add the mushrooms, and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft.
Add the black beans (including liquid), spices, water and stock cube, and mix well. Turn the heat down to very low, cover, and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes. If the chilli is a little runny for your taste, cook uncovered and turn the heat up to medium, stirring regularly – if not, leave it covered over a low heat, or even add a dash more water if it is too dry.
Serve with brown rice and your favourite chilli toppings.
5 Frozen Bananas Pieces (no peel)
3 soaked and pitted dates
¼ tsp Turmeric
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Cardamom*
1/8 tsp Ginger*
1/8 tsp Cloves*
1/8 tsp Black Pepper*
* These last four spices are very strong and can overwhelm your recipe. Try a little less at first – maybe just a pinch — to see how you like them. You don’t have to add them at all if you don’t want, but they do add a bit of a chai influence which I really like.
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Scoop into bowl and grab a spoon. And even share with a friend!
Compliments Katrine Mayer