Makes: 4, ¼-cup servings
1 cup slivered or sliced Almonds
1½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning, (or sprinkle your own oregano, rosemary, mint) plus extra for garnish
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1. Place almonds and water into blender. Puree almonds, scraping down the sides of blender when necessary. It should not have gritty pieces.
2. Pour puree into saucepan and stir in lemon juice and salt. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently. Cook until water evaporates and mixture is thick like muffin batter, about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Stir seasoning and garlic into puree.
5. Divide mixture between two, 8-ounce ramekins or bowls.
6. Sprinkle additional seasoning evenly over top of each.
7. Cover and refrigerate until cold and firmer, about two hours.
8. Serve on whole grain crackers and bread as you would traditional chèvre.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrates 4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
I love sharing my healthy recipes with you. Enjoy ! For More tips and recipes sign up at The Med Life Diet.