Makes 16 Patties Prep Time: 2 mins Cook Time: 50 mins
nut free, dairy free, gluten free
1. Cook millet according to package directions until cooked through and fluffy.
2. Place the onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic and Italian herbs in food processor and pulse and until vegetables are in tiny pieces.
3. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the vegetables. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4. Place the millet, vegetables and egg in a bowl and thoroughly combine.
5. Form patties, about 2 tablespoons each
6. Once all the patties are made and resting on a plate, heat 1 tbsp or oil in a saute pan over medium heat and saute the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining patties and add remainder oil if needed. Alternatively, you can brush a baking tray with olive oil. Add patties, brush them with olive oil and bake in the oven about 180C for about 15-20minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool on a paper towel lined plate and serve.
*After step 5, place patties on a sheet tray and freeze for 30 minutes. Then transfer to a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours then follow steps 6-7.
Serve with tahini or a yogurt dip alongside your child's favourite vegetables and a large salad for mummies and daddies ! :))
I love sharing my healthy recipes with you. Enjoy ! For More tips and recipes sign up at The Med Life Diet.