Recipe Compliments: Farah Shammas - 40 Delicious Vegan Recipes
3 Tbsp. of olive oil
2 Medium carrots, julienned
2 Medium zucchini, julienned
2 Parsnips, julienned
1 Large sweet potato, peeled and julienned
1 Turnip, peeled and julienned
Handful green beans, remove the ends
5 Medium button mushrooms sliced
1 Large onion, sliced
2 Large cloves of garlic, chopped
1 Large cauliflower, chopped
1 Tsp. cinnamon
1 Tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1) Sauté vegetables in olive oil
2) Boil the cauliflower separately for about ten minutes, drain water and mash in a blender adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
3) Put the vegetables in a Pyrex and add spices / herbs
4) Pour the cauliflower mash on top
5) Bake in the oven at 180degrees Celcius for 20 minutes.
Note : If you want to avoid using olive oil, you can saute the vegetables in a little white wine or vegetable stock.
If some of the vegetables are not in season, get creative and pack in your locally grown favourites. It's a beautiful pie, both for the eyes and the stomach, to be enjoyed at any time of the year.